Thursday, September 6, 2012

September 6th-Day 6

I didn't have an internet connection yesterday until I got home from soccer at 11:30 and I was too tired to turn my laptop back on so I skipped yesterday's writing. I still did my best to do all the items. Today I got a good amount of things done. I am now about halfway through Hard Times and it is still a slow read unfortunately. It is getting easier to do push ups each day so I am getting stronger and I should be able to do 50 by October. Today I met this girl named Lila (I don't know how to spell her name). She is five years old and she reminded me of the innocence of young children and how simple life was when I was younger. She is at the age where one can do things but not get in trouble because they don't know much better, as opposed to my brothers who know exactly what they are doing (most of the time). I am going to write about my friend Amanda Gvozden today, who was one of the few people from my brief stint at Dickinson College who I still try to keep in touch with. It would be impossible for me to forget the adventure we had "trying to find a barbershop" at 10:00 P.M. on a Friday night. She is a kind, down-to-earth person who doesn't act phony as Holden Caulfield would say. Becoming friends with her was a highlight of my month at that school. Thats about it for today, so until tomorrow, here's to life

No comments:

Post a Comment