Sunday, September 30, 2012

September 30th-Day 30 & Final Recap

1. Talk to a stranger everyday
2. Read two or more chapters of a book each day
3. By the end of the month, 50 consecutive push-ups
4. Take a picture each day
5. Write in a journal everyday
6. Get rid of one thing each day
7. Make someone feel good everyday
8. Learn how to draw a face
9. Master 5 card tricks
10. Practice a random skill each day (e.g. juggling, coin tricks, pen tricks, etc.)

It is officially the last day of September so it is time to look back at my progress over the course of this month. Goal 1: Talk to a stranger every day...this was the hardest goal for me since my friends would consider me socially awkward with first encounters. I didn't do this everyday like I hoped I would, but I have been doing more as the month progressed and am getting more comfortable doing so. Goal 2: Read two or more chapters of a book each day...this was one of my favorite goals because I love to read. I finished two novels, read numerous short stories, and a bunch of articles online. Goal 3: 50 consecutive push-ups...this is something that I have always wanted to be able to do and I finally did it today. Right when I woke up I knocked them all out and felt a surge of energy once I completed them. I am proud of myself for being able to do this for the first time in my life. Goal 4: Take a picture each day...this was one of the easier goals that I set for myself and usually was able to do it. What I would like to improve on is taking more diverse pictures instead of waiting until the day is nearly over to do it. Goal 5: Write in a journal everyday...I enjoyed doing this because I will be able to look back and see how I was feeling throughout the month. Also I can use the journal to work out any ideas that may be in my head. I have started to expand on this by carrying a marble notebook with me to write down things at random points during the day. Goal 6: Get rid of one thing each day...this was easier at first because I was able to discard things which I didn't use/need. But towards the end of the month it became more difficult because I had less things to choose from. I saved the biggest for last and am getting rid of my printer which doesn't work anymore (it stopped working this past week) and is just taking up space. Goal 7: Make someone feel good everyday...this was my favorite goal. I loved to write about my friends and felt even better when I saw a reply of gratitude. It is an incredible feeling that I want to continually experience. Goal 8: Learn how to draw a face...this was challenging for me. I never really saw myself as an artist but I got better the more I practiced. The picture above is something I drew this morning and was based off a picture of myself...lets just say I still have room for improvement. I am happy that my ability has gotten much better than it originally was. Goal 9: Master five card tricks...this ended up being one of the easier goals on the list and I plan to continue practicing and learning more in the future. I think it is neat to be able to find a person's card in a deck of 52. Goal 10: Practice a random skill each day...over the course of this month I have been able to learn a bunch of cool tricks. I know some simple coin magic, I taught myself a simple cup and balls routine, I can juggle three balls with two hands or two balls with one hand, and finally my penmanship with my right hand has improved since I started practicing. I also wrote a poem. I never thought I would do that when it isn't a class assignment. So that has been the month of September and tomorrow brings a new month and new challenges. So for a final time this month, here's to life!

No comments:

Post a Comment