Tuesday, September 4, 2012

September 4th-Day 4

Today started out rainy but I kept positive and the day turned out all right. I enjoyed all three of my classes and got all my homework for tomorrow done. I read a bit more of Hard Times again today and am understanding more of the themes that Dickens is presenting to the reader. I started to practice a new card trick which is coming along well and I practiced some slight of hand tricks with coins as well. I went on the chat site Omegle to talk to a random person because I am still nervous about approaching a random stranger and starting a conversation. I ended up talking to a man who is about to finish up his time serving in the US Army. We talked about how very few people make the sacrifice to serve this great country and fight for all we live for. It reminded me of all the times I sang patriotic songs at the VA and how honored I felt to do this for the veterans. I am forever thankful to all those who serve in the armed forces of the USA and protect what we as a nation believe in. Today the random person I came up with is Lars Farber. He and I have had some great times over the past years from playing volleyball in middle school to after-prom of my senior year. He is now a freshman at James Madison University and I wish him the best of luck in his endeavors. I'll never forget the adventures of after-prom and all the laughs we have shared. Until tomorrow, here's to life

No comments:

Post a Comment