Thursday, September 20, 2012

September 20th-I'll Never Forget

Today I'm going to forgo a post about what I did today. Instead it will be about this past year. It has been one year since I dropped out of Dickinson College and returned home after only a month of being away. I reached the lowest point in my life and I didn't know what to do with myself. Since then, I have worked full time, gone back to school, started writing my blogs, helping train my brothers' soccer teams, and am now at one of the happiest points in my life. For now, the best day ever is still November 2nd, 2010 because I asked Allie out and she said yes, and I scored a goal in my game against Newfield, which we won in overtime. But anyways, I cannot give enough thanks to the people who have supported me all throughout the tough times, even when I tried to push them away. My life in this year has completely changed for the better and I am so grateful to be where I am in my life. I want everyone out there who is struggling through a hard time to know that things do get better. Anything is possible if you let it. There is often a negative stigma that accompanies the idea of self-improvement sites and movies, but they have helped me immensely. You can do anything you want. Here are ten rules of life that I created for myself that help me get through anything:


1. Always say “please” and “thank you” whenever possible
2. Take the opportunity to disconnect from all screens at least once a day
3. Visualize and pray about what you want and are grateful for daily
4. Pay attention to contextà you don’t know every person’s situation
5. Use the Law of Attraction
6. Things will always get better as long as you think they will. If you think they won’t, they won’t
7. Never stop learning things that interest you. You can be as smart as you want to be
8. Appreciate everything you love about life
9. Have faith and be positive
10. Love life
 
Here's to life

No comments:

Post a Comment