Monday, October 1, 2012

October 1st-Day 1

And October begins with a wonderful fall day! I hope everyone had an enjoyable Monday and is ready to take on the week. I haven't been able to hold a handstand since I was in sixth grade and that is one of the reasons it made it onto the list. I practiced today be doing one against a wall to get re-acclimated to the feelings. And I love to dance, hence why I want to learn how to moonwalk, one of the coolest illusions out there. I understand how it supposed to be done, I just need to make it look smooth as I do it. The physical challenges for this month are to increase both my strength and endurance to become healthier. I haven't tested myself with either of these exercises in a while so there is a chance that they will change soon. I've always been fascinated by languages and want to become fluent in as many as possible. I've been studying Spanish since seventh grade and want to maintain my abilities while I am studying the basics of Italian this semester. I met some new people as I played soccer tonight, where I took the picture above. I found a series of books that has captured my attention and I finished the first book today. It is The Alchemyst: The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel. This series is geared more toward a younger audience but still incorporates a lot of historical ideas and myths which is the main reason I like it so much. During one of my classes today, I left a note on the desk telling the reader to smile and enjoy the wonderful day. Today I'm going to write about Alex Kasznel, one of my friends from my brief stint at Dickinson College. We were roommates together for the month I was there and I couldn't have asked for a better person to live with. Alex is an extremely talented musician (he can play multiple instruments and is in a band) and is down-to-earth, which was hard to find while I was at Dickinson. Today is his 20th birthday and I hope he had a great day and has an amazing year to come. My quote for the week is “You build walls & boundaries when you give into your mind. Fear nothing & take control of who you are & who you are meant to be” by Joel Brown. Until tomorrow, here's to life

No comments:

Post a Comment