Thursday, October 4, 2012

October 4th-Day 4

Its Thursday so that means there is only one day left in the school/work week. You gotta push to the end everyday to be the best you can be. Today I started reading Drew Brees' memoir Coming Back Stronger. I usually don't like when people write an autobiography while they are young, but this book is incredible. Brees isn't just an incredible quarterback. He is a terrific man in every sense of the word. He works as hard as he can, he volunteers around New Orleans, he is a great father and husband, and is devoted to God. I highly recommend reading this book, it is an inspiration to anyone who picks it up. I was able to wake up early this morning to get my run in as I hoped. Hopefully I will keep being able to get up early and get a head start everyday. I practiced my handstand, moonwalk, some magic tricks and learned a new trick for winning a beer (even though I don't drink). My shading is improving and I will keep working at it as long as I can. I tried to start composing the song today, but I couldn't think of a good melody to start it off. I'm sure it will come to me I just have to keep at it. I am using my old Spanish textbook to refresh my memory of the language and it is helping me a lot. Today I'm writing about Taylor Cocciolone, who I got close to during my sophmore/his senior year of high school. We had a bunch of fun during Tour Choir in the bass section and during Les Miserables and Cabaret. I will always remember having the huge box of goldfish in the dressing room and when someone shouted when he did the Nazi salute during the show. Taylor was another who showed me the ropes of being an older guy in choir and the shows and it is great knowing him. Until tomorrow, here's to life!

"You build walls and boundaries when you give into your mind. Fear nothing and take control of who you are and who you are meant to be" -Joel Brown

Become Great

No comments:

Post a Comment