Wednesday, October 3, 2012

October 3rd-Days 2 & 3

That is what has been occupying my mind the past couple of days. Ancient symbols, mythologies, religions, you name it. All because of a book. I am so grateful that it is possible to have books so easily available to read. I like books even more than TV or movies because they exercise the imagination. You get to decide the exact setting, looks of the characters, and everything that happens. Granted the author leads you in a certain direction, a lot is left up to the reader. I have read four 300+ page books in the past four days. There is a fifth in the series which I need to acquire so I can read it...but that is a challenge for tomorrow. I left a note somewhere in my house for someone to find as a surprise. I worked out again today, but it wasn't when I wanted. I want to start waking up earlier and get more stuff done in the morning before school. I'm still practicing gliding/moonwalking and it is coming along nicely I think. I'm practicing a shading technique called hatching and cross-hatching for my artistic skill set which has gotten a lot better in the past month. I haven't bitten my nails yet, though I have caught myself about to do it. I know I can break the habit with practice. My party trick that I am practicing is learning about the symbols, signs, etc which permeate all aspects of life. I am practicing my languages and improving (I hope). Today I'm writing about Leo Scalisi. We became friends in middle school and have been friends ever since. He is dedicated to his music (he raps) and to his friends. I'll always remember the times we have had during choir joking around. Leo is an inspiration because he is following his dream and everyone should do the same. I've had too many great times with him to pick out my favorite. Leo dresses like the fly guy that he is and he gave me the sickest hat ever. Good luck to him and his art. Until tomorrow, here's to life

"You build walls and boundaries when you give into your mind. Fear nothing and take control of who you are and who you are meant to be." -Joel Brown

Here's a link to that poem I wrote:
Become Great

Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment