Sunday, December 2, 2012

December 2nd

I hope everyone had a fun and gracious Thanksgiving last week. I've read two books since last posting. First I read Hamlet's BlackBerry: Building a Good Life in the Digital Age which played a large role in helping me develop my thoughts on technology. I was able to articulate these ideas in my post (Technology...Not Quite All That) on my other blog. I also read The Princess Bride: A Classic Tale of True Love and High Adventure. Like the popular movie of the same title, the book is full of humor and excitement. I rarely was able to stop reading unless I had another commitment. This past week, I began implementing morning and evening rituals, which I highly recommend to all.The morning ritual helps me get my day going. I prepare for the day and one of the most important things is accomplishing a task. By completing something, such as making the bed, I feel a sense of productivity and this feeling carries into my day. I use my evening ritual to prepare my body  for rest and the next day. By doing tasks which I used to do in the morning I am able to relax and enjoy the morning without having to rush around. I strongly suggest to try and develop your own toutines. This past week I found an incredible video of a man reciting a poem he wrote called "Shake the Dust". It moved me and I recommend listening to it and then just thinking about it for a moment before moving on to something else. Let your mind reflect on what you heard. Until next time, here's to life!


No comments:

Post a Comment