Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Sports and Literature

Today I finished writing a poem, crossing off another item on my list. For some reason, it was not on the one linked in the blog, but I added it and removed the streaming goal because I stopped streaming a lot. The poem is titled "Journey On" and it will be at the end of this post. In other news and activities, I played in a soccer tournament with some friends this past Saturday which was a lot of fun and got me pretty sore for the following days. It was nice to play soccer all day like I used to. I've also downloaded a chess app for my computer to try and improve my game. I learned the basics, such as how each piece can move when I was younger, but am not very good at the game so that is why it is on the list. That just about sums up what I've been up to!

With the wind at my back,

Will

"Journey On"

With the wind at my back,
I will journey on.

Through the mud and rain,
Through all the jurt and all the pain,
For all the ups and downs,
Across the countryside and through the towns,
I will journey on.

It started long ago,
Just a boy with a dream,
To see how far he could go.
He worked hard and paid his dues,
Not caring about what he'd lose,
He just journeyed on.

Along these travels,
Among the many things I learned,
 Is that you never know it all,
And everything is earned,
So I journey on.

Thus the road ahead never ends,
Doing my best to always grow,
With my family by my side,
The passion in my heart never will die,
And I will journey on.

No comments:

Post a Comment